NEW ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ
Hello Ladies here we are weeks away from our
46th Texas Ladies State Chili Championship on April 16th 2016
Special Announcement this year at Texas Ladies State there will be a Twenty dollar ($20.00) fee for each campsite using electricity.
Looking forward to seeing everyone for another fun and exciting Ladies
State Chili Cook-off . See you there !!
For a full schedule of the events for the weekend please visit our new
web site. www.tlscco.com
TICC POSTER CONTEST
It’s time once again to get creative and start thinking about a poster design for the 2016 Terlingua International Chili Championship (TICC). CASI is looking for a unique, creative design that embodies the essence of TICC and CASI. Poster deadline this year is Monday, JUNE 6, 2016.
• When designing the piece of art, please keep in mind that the poster is a vital element to the success of the event. The artwork chosen will not only become the official poster of the Terlingua International Chili Championship, but it will also possibly add to the development of the retail merchandise.
• Artwork must incorporate the following elements:
o Name of Event: Terlingua International Chili Championship
o Annual Designation: 50th Annual
o Location: Held at Rancho CASI de los Chisos
o Date of Event: November 5, 2016
• Artist should keep in mind that the Sponsor Logos, CASI logos, pictures of the previous year’s winners and names of the current Board members will be included in the finished poster.
• Artwork or photo must be original design, no copyrights, with the use of bold colors.
• Actual sizes of the finished posters are 19” X 25” and 11” X 17”. Submissions do not need to be that size but they need to maintain that proportion. The 11” x 17” poster is an informational poster. Copies of previous years’ posters are available in PDF format upon request. These posters may be used as a guideline for some of the content required in the design.
• The artist should design an initial draft of the poster artwork. If selected, the artist will work with CASI staff in making changes and developing the final piece.
• Artwork must be camera ready. If selected, artist agrees to relinquish ownership of artwork.
• If selected, artwork becomes the sole property of the Chili Appreciation Society International, Inc. The winning designer will receive credit with their name included on the final product.
• If selected, artist agrees to sign and number fifty (50) prints within 30 days of request.
Submission deadline is Monday, June 6, 2016.
Entries must be emailed to Casichili@outlook.com
Mark your calendars: Summer Board Meeting, June 25, 2016 at the San Antonio Elks Lodge. More information to follow at later date.
Notice: Currently the CIS (mychili.org) system is having issues with processing credit card payments for CASI membership and for uploading CASI cookoff results/fees. Jim Stateczny is aware of the issues. Until the system decides to work again, please use the old fashion snail mail and mail your membership payments to Connie Collier, Membership Coordinator, or your cookoff fees to Melissa Pate, Assistant Tally Master. Please distribute information to your Pod members.
CASI has received word that Pam Clark's mother, Martha Kimbell Ballew Cleburne, TX, passed away last night. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Pam and her family. Pam is the editor of the CASI Terlingua Trails. Dana Plocheck will step in and publish the April issue of the Terlingua Trails. Dana reminds everyone that the deadline is today to submit any articles, pictures, etc for publication in the April issue.
The CASI Board has approved a contest between the Pods to try to encourage Pods to sign up new CASI members (new being someone that has never been a CASI member). The winning Pod will win $500. ($250 from CASI, $125 from Ted and Sunny Fichtl and $125 from Tim and Connie Collier). The winner must sign up a minimum of 10 new members to receive the prize money. If there is a tie, the winning Pods can either split the $500 or the ED will flip a coin to determine the winner. (Ted and Tim have pledged their donation for 2 years) Contest begins now and ends September 30, 2016. The next year's contest would be from October 1, 2016-Sept. 30, 2017. Winners announced at TICC.
|CASI - Chili Appreciation Society International||
CASI is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization of the Internal Revenue Code-EIN-74-2330479. Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the IRS Code. We receive tax-deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106,or 2522.