TICC POSTER CONTEST
It’s time once again to get creative and start thinking about a poster design for the 2016 Terlingua International Chili Championship (TICC). CASI is looking for a unique, creative design that embodies the essence of TICC and CASI. Poster deadline this year is Monday, JUNE 6, 2016.
• When designing the piece of art, please keep in mind that the poster is a vital element to the success of the event. The artwork chosen will not only become the official poster of the Terlingua International Chili Championship, but it will also possibly add to the development of the retail merchandise.
• Artwork must incorporate the following elements:
- Name of Event: Terlingua International Chili Championship
- Annual Designation: 50th Annual
- Location: Held at Rancho CASI de los Chisos
- Date of Event: November 5, 2016
• Artist should keep in mind that the Sponsor Logos, CASI logos, pictures of the previous year’s winners and names of the current Board members will be included in the finished poster.
• Artwork or photo must be original design, no copyrights, with the use of bold colors.
• Actual sizes of the finished posters are 19” X 25” and 11” X 17”. Submissions do not need to be that size but they need to maintain that proportion. The 11” x 17” poster is an informational poster. Copies of previous years’ posters are available in PDF format upon request. These posters may be used as a guideline for some of the content required in the design.
• The artist should design an initial draft of the poster artwork. If selected, the artist will work with CASI staff in making changes and developing the final piece.
• Artwork must be camera ready. If selected, artist agrees to relinquish ownership of artwork.
• If selected, artwork becomes the sole property of the Chili Appreciation Society International, Inc. The winning designer will receive credit with their name included on the final product.
• If selected, artist agrees to sign and number fifty (50) prints within 30 days of request.
Submission deadline is extended to June 30.
Entries must be emailed to Casichili@outlook.com
A MESSAGE FROM CASI’S RULES COMMITTEE -
The Rules Committee is frequently called upon to review conduct of cookoffs that is not covered in the CASI Rules Book. We will discuss these situations and render an opinion based on our experience and the overall intent of our rules as a whole. Here are the results of a couple of these discussions.
A recommendation for what to do when a CCO includes homestyle chili, green chili, beans, salsa, etc.
Some cookoffs have secondary competitions in homestyle chili, green chili, beans, salsa, etc. CASI has no rules governing these cookoffs, other than CASI Rules must be followed for the CASI chili must have separate judging and turn-in. It is advisable that the CASI judging cup be distinguishable from the other category cups. There are a number of ways to accomplish this.
CASI cups may not be marked, but the cups for other categories may be marked to designate the event. Different size cups could be used. Different colored tape could be used for the cup ticket. We just want the cups turned in for the correct judging category.
Should there be a rule for this? We don't think so, just a little common sense should be adequate. If you have any input on a cookoff's judging cups, please advise them to make the cups distinguishable from CASI cups.
How to clear up confusion on Pod Cookoffs.
Until the rule granting Pod Cookoffs an automatic qualifier was adopted in 2014, before only the CASI Executive Director was concerned about Pod Cookoffs, as part of the credentials process. Now, with the addition of that rule, the Upcomings Coordinator and TallyMaster are directly affected by that rule. Also the Rules Committee. Over the last year and a half, the Rules Committee has devoted considerable time to interpreting and defining this rule. VII.E.1g.
One problem we noted was that some Pods have multiple cookoffs, all name the "(Pod name) Pod Cookoff." And then, there were some Pods who called their Pod Cookoff something else. This caused a lot of problems for the Upcomings Coordinator and the TallyMaster. So much so, that the Senior Referee now maintains a list of which Pod Cookoffs are eligible for the automatic qualifier. This is also very misleading to the chili cooking public.
This could be solved so very easily. Name only the cookoff delegated as the automatic qualifying pod cookoff as, "The (Pod name) Pod Cookoff." Any other cookoff your Pod is involved with should have a different name. It will make a couple of ladies who do an awful lot of work for CASI, happy.
The City of Marshall is making us move the location of our cookoff to the parking lot at Willington and Austin Street. It will be at the same location we have our fall cookoff in the fall. It will be behind the public restrooms.
05-14-2016-004 Marshall, TXMarshall Pilot Club Annual CCO
Thank You......from Mack Walker
It's time to celebrate CASI's 50th at www.casichilistore.net.
Brand new, LIMITED QUANTITY, items will be available in the store on Monday, May 9th.
The store has been listening to CASI members and have added these requested items...
* "Education" Tshirt starting at $20.00
* V-Neck, longer length shirts for ladies in the 2 beautiful soft colors of lavender and chill, starting at $25.00
* Performance tshirts for men and women in 2 amazing colors, raspberry and steel grey, starting at $23.00
* A forest green apron for $20.00
* An etched double-walled stainless 20-oz tumbler for $25.00
* A ladies black visor with rhinestone CASI for $20.00
These are all LIMITED QUANTITIES, so if you wait to purchase they may be gone when you return.
If you want your newly purchased items by the weekend, make sure you chose the quicker shipping method.
*ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!*
Many of the prices on previous store items as well as the TICC Store items have been slashed. Now is your time to stock up on these things at NEW lower prices.
CASI is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization of the Internal Revenue Code-EIN-74-2330479. Contributions are deductible under section 170 of the IRS Code. We receive tax-deductible bequests, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106,or 2522.